Wednesday, 16 December 2009

POP LIFE EXHIBITION TATE MODERN









I LOVE THIS COLLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUFF




I've been trying to stop taking art exhibitions so seriously. I tend to just quickly go and look, and write sources for material etc. Otherwise I get too bogged down. Its also becoming a bit of a mission to go, I find myself wanting to spend all my time in the studio. HMMM notes anyway.
  • Girls Magazines - How many brands are people wearing.
  • Inflatable Baby
  • LOUD MUSIC - Keith Haurino pop shop - printed on post it notes.
  • Andy Worhol and Jean Michel Basquait portrait photo - one side of his collar is up. I love it.
  • FLASH ART ART FORUM November 1988 Jeff Koons adverts - AMAZING. all came out at the same time.
  • POP TARTS
  • BICKERTON TORMENTED SELF
  • different types of denim - same thing different surfaces. CARPET
  • The scale of Jeff Koon's sex scene - proportion much bigger than us in real life. But not too big, just big enough to look more inviting.
  • TESSA FROM SUNDERLAND.
  • Tracey Emin - My mini retrospective - all her works in small
  • Emin's sketchbook, writing what people had for lunch with her in a cafe
  • Covering all surfaces with the same colour, gold floor, gold walls, gold ceilings.
  • Damien Hirst - Memories of/ Moments with you 2008 - manufactured diamonds. I had only just started thinking about fake diamonds and was realising the difference between cheap jewelery etc. Very interesting,
  • Piotr Uklonski - first Polish artist I have ever seen in tate. or anywhere tbh.
  • Murakami

No comments:

Post a Comment