Wednesday, 2 December 2009

FARMVILLE/FACEBOOK/VIRTUAL GAMES AND MYSELF








These virtual games are hilarious. I AM ADDICTED TO FARMVILLE. what I find funny is that on the day I started playing it I had a particularly shit day, and as I started playing a thing came up on my facebook page "Trees has escaped to the country to be a farmer" (name is Trees R Green) and I found that so funny because it really is an amazing level of pop escapism. I find myself spending alot of time on it and getting quite addicted. I don't want to make a piece of work which is so obviously "a farm" which one lady is doing, but I'm interested in this idea of people's identites being expressed through their own personal decisions on how they plan their farm. and it's not even real! Maybe a piece of work where I print off everyones farm to show people the different ways people react to it. The maximum way is to go on my friends accounts and try to get as many different peoples as possible. I need some time to properly conceptually break it down. However there is another element, which is this "make the character into yourself thing" which makes me laugh and is DEFINATELY a piece of work. This thing is also available on Wii. Tatsu brought in his Wii the other day and him and Guy were playing it massive on a projector in the project space and they played bowling and I just thought about how weird it was and took a photo of it. People cant even be bothered to actually go bowling. They have to run and do yoga and punch punch bags virtually in order to do it. I find this strange. Actually maybe this is the working classes way of participating in these activities. ****** LIBERATED IN THE SENSE I KNOW I SHOULD NOT BINGE DRINK AND GO FOR WALKS AND GO BOWLING ETC BETTER FOR BRAIN BUT ALIENATED BECAUSE I KNOW I SHOULD DO THAT BUT I CANT BECAUSE I DONT HAVE MONEY TO OR TOO TIRED FROM WORKING IN CAFE 9-6 EARNING A DEPOSIT TO GET A HOUSE TO COME BACK TO UNI TO. NO TIME 2 RUN. NINTENDO WII IS THE WORKING CLASS MANS PRODUCT TO MAKE THEM FEEL LIKE THEY ARE EXPERIENCING THIS.******

piece of work = getting lots of different versions of ME from wii and nintendo from screen printing etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment